We believe in the free exchange of ideas and so publish under a Creative Commons — Attribution/No derivatives license. This means you can republish our contributions online or in print for free, provided you follow these guidelines:
Republishing guidelines, for print and online
- You can’t edit our material, except to reflect relative changes in time, location and editorial style. If you do wish to make material edits, you will need to run them by the author for approval prior to publication. Authors can be contacted by via the JewThink editorial team.
- You have to credit authors, ideally in the byline.
- You have to credit JewThink and include a link back to either our home page or the article URL . Our preference is a credit at the top of the article and that you include our logo (available below).
- You can’t sell our material separately, but it’s OK to put our articles on pages with ads.
- You have to confirm you’re licensed to republish images in our articles. Some images, such as those from commercial providers, don’t allow their images to be republished without permission or payment. Copyright terms are generally listed in the image caption and attribution. You are welcome to omit our images or substitute with your own. Charts and interactive graphics follow the same rules.
- You can’t systematically republish all of our articles, nor frame the content of our site.
- Extracts: you can run the first few lines or paragraphs of the article and then say: “Read the full article in JewThink” with a link back to the article.
- Quotes: you can quote authors provided you include a link back to the article URL.
- Translations: are technically a derivative under our creative commons license and so require author approval. Many authors will give approval in good faith. Authors can be contacted via the JewThink Team.
- Edits: if you wish to make material edits, you will need to run them by the author for approval prior to publication. Authors can be contacted via the JewThink Team.
- Signed consent / copyright release forms: are not required, providing you are following these guidelines.
- Print: articles can be published in print under these same rules, with the exception that you do not need to include the counter and links. We would appreciate it if you would send an image of the republished article to us so that we can share it with the author.
- Podcast, art and video: are also covered by creative commons and the same attribution requirements apply.